Tuesday 12 July 2011

Meat & Bread - Vancouver, BC

Mmmmmm... meat and bread!  You seriously can't go too wrong with this combination assuming you like meat and bread.  Don't expect a lot of vegetables here, although you can get a side salad with your sandwich.  It's a nice addition and looked delicious, but when you walk into the line up and you see them pull up out a steaming moist chunk of pork it's hard to think about anything else.


What appeared to be the owner was going up and down the line to let people know about the feature sandwich.  This helped speed up the ordering process even though they have a small menu to begin with.  They had a turkey, meatball, grilled cheese sandwich that day but I opted for the porchetta.  Like I said, it was so hard to resist that pork when you can see the moisture in the meat, the fat ooze out from the crispy skin and the smell!


I'm getting hungry looking at these pictures.  The sandwich is what I will say a solid portion.  Not overwhelming for me but definitely not skimpy.  I loved the crispy skin that they seperated and added into the sandwich.  It reminded me of the roasted bbq pork you would eat up in Chinatown.  Overall the porchetta is tasty but definitely on the salty side.  But who cares when the meat is so moist and fresh out of the oven.

I wish I had more time and more room to eat all the sandwiches.  This is a great spot in Gastown for a quick, casual, unpretentious bite that will hit every spot.  I look forward to my return and maybe next time I will add in that serving of fruit and vegetables!  Actually, I did have some lime in my Sip so that has to count for something.

Meat & Bread on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment